Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Engine update

Hi all
My new engine is going a lot slower than I would have liked however the crank and pistons are in using ARP studs instead of bolts for both the head and the mains, GTR N1 oil pump fitted and collar fitted to crank (see photo) and oil restrictors fitted (see photo). There are 3 oil feed galleries to the cylinder head but the problem with fitting a high volume oil pump is that it pumps so much oil to the top of the motor is doesn't have time to drain back to the sump. Some engine builders say to leave the front feed, block off the middle one and restrict the rear one but after talking to a few different builders and also looking at the instructions for the Tomei



oil pump fitted


(see red arrows for oil gallery positions)


oil restrictor we have decided to leave the front, fit the restrictor to the middle and block off the rear... hope its OK! In combination with my High Energy large capacity sump I shouldn't have any oil dramas.


crank collar


My old engine is already out and I need to swap a few bits over rom the old engine such as the factory inlet manifold set up with my 740cc injectors, factory cast iron exhaust manifold (has been ported to head) with Garrett low mount turbo (not sure what size as it was taken off another car used), sensors etc. New bits to be fitted are Nismo heavy duty engine mounts, engine damper kit and oil cooler kit etc.

Will upload more details when the head is fitted and she's ready to go in.... soon I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home