Friday, July 06, 2007

Flying the Searey

A while back I mentioned that I was going to buy and build a little kit Seaplane. I went to Sydney recently and flew the Australian distributors (Rob Loneragan of Searey Australia) Searey. Rob took me up in his own Searey that he built back in 2000 as a demo and for his enjoyment as he loves flying and Searey's in particular and I can see why.....





What a beautiful little aircraft!


We took off from Bankstown airport and followed the river to Sydney Harbour where we flew at 500ft all the way to the coast. The harbour bridge stands at a height of 440ft so at 500ft you can imagine what a birdseye view we had flying over the southern pylon.... it was spectacular!


I also took some video footage including taking off and landing on the water that I will load onto Youtube or somewhere shortly and provide a link so you can check it out.

My kit is leaving the US at the end of August and should arrive around late October/early November.... can't wait....




1 Comments:

Blogger Etiquette Systems said...

Yeah that looks neat. I bet you will have an amazing time building your own.

Auto Labels

Friday, August 03, 2007 4:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home