Friday, November 02, 2007

Finally....

I know its been a long time coming but I have finally got the Skyline on the dyno for a tune. I was trying to get Lumpy (ex Hyperdrive) to tune it again but he is so busy running his drift team that he just couldn't do it. I ended up getting Andrew (new owner of Hyperdrive) to dyno it instead. He asked what sort of horsepower I was chasing and I said that 350 - 400rwhp would be nice however I was more concerned with a safe tune than horsepower.

We ended up with 326rwhp with full boost of 16psi coming on at 3500rpm and great mid range power. I am extremely happy with this as I always said I didn't want much lag and a lot of response which is why I didn't go overboard with the size of the turbo and installed Tomei Pon Cams. Andrew said that it would easily make 350rwhp with this turbo but there was problem holding boost as when it gets to 16psi it bleeds off to 12psi and he thinks the wastegate actuator may not be strong enough to hold boost so I will have to have a look at that soon..... not that I am really worried about it as it goes REALLY well and I am extremely happy with the way it drives, sounds and feels.. isn't that what its all about?

Next blog will be about my move to North Queensland driving across the top in our R34 turbo sedan..... yes another Skyline..... I love em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home