Friday, November 02, 2007

Across the top in an R34 turbo sedan

Of course not many people would drive an R34 from Perth to Queensland across the top but then again why not? Those of you that own a Skyline know that they are unbelievably reliable with great overtaking abilities and fantastic to drive. You may be asking why am I doing it? Well in December last year my wife and I decided that we have had enough of Perth's cold winters and needed a bit of a change so we bought an absolute beachfront property at Mission Beach in North Queensland approx 165kmh south of Cairns. If you look on a map it is just about the furthest point you can get from Perth.

After selling Autoworx in May we worked flat out for 4 months getting our house ready to sell. As I have already sold 3 houses and 4 businesses myself before I also decided to sell this one as well. Unbelievably we sold it in 2 days with an unconditional offer and a 3 week settlement!! Even I was surprised... all up it cost us $229..... yes $229 which includes registering a domain name for a website we set up and 3 newspaper ads.... we didn't even put a sign out the front! I know Real Estate agents don't want to hear this but YOU DON'T NEED THEM! In a future blog I'll be giving you a few hints about selling your own house but in the meantime PLEASE have a go yourself..... if it doesn't work out then maybe use an agent but if you do it right I GUARANTEE you will sell it yourself..... I saved $20,000.

Anyway getting back to the R34.... I specifically imported the R34 to drive across the top. I like the look of the sedan and there s a little more space for all the crap I knew my wife would want to pack in.

Next blog I'll let you know what modifications I have done to make sure we make it all the way to Queensland.

Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home