Saturday, November 17, 2007

the trip so far.....

The trip has been great with the R34 running sweet.... until Mt Isa. The route so far with stopovers listed below.....

Perth - Geraldton - Carnarvon - Exmouth - Port Hedland - Broome - Fitzroy Crossing - Kununurra - Katherine - Mataranka - Camooweal - Hughenden - Townsville.....

At Mt Isa I had the tyres rotated rear left to rear right and front left to right front (due to rotation direction) as they were wearing a little on the insides as Skylines often do but what drama that turned out to be. I told the tyre guy what to do and went to get some food. On my return they hadn't done anything as they told me that if they rotated the tyres they would run in the wrong direction! I told them that's why I told you to remove the tyres from the rims and turn them around and balance them! Anyway after 1.5 hours we were on our way again however not long after leaving Mt Isa I noticed that the R34 was pulling badly to the right under brakes. After having a look underneath I found that the after market adjustable castor rod had broken at the adjustment nut. Did the tyre guys jack the car up on the castor rod? Who knows. Hmm thats not good but had little choice but to keep going and try and find a factory castor rod in Townsville only 883kms away! The car drives perfectly except some scraping on the plastic underguard as the wheel moves back under brakes and that little problem with the pulling to the right under brakes but not uncontrollable.

Made it to Townsville but having problems finding one here so have put a post on Skylines Australia as I have noticed there are quite few Skylines, 180SX cruising around so I hope one of you are checking the forums regularly otherwise its another couple of hundred k's up to Mission Beach!

Will update blog when R34 is sorted......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home